Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Diamond in the Rough

I am in lust with diamond wall treatments.

I scoured the net for inspiration on what to do for my bedroom when i moved in to my new place. I had my typical clippings of designs for inspirations. I thought about an accent wall, but wanted something more girly and dramatic. I loved the thought of diamonds. Thought about painting diamonds on the wall, but that’s just too much taping, un-taping, letting paint dry, taping and painting again, WAY too much waiting and plus I might get distracted by another project and it will never be finished. There I am at work, (like I am now--shh don’t tell anyone) and all my mind can think of is diamonds, and colors, and accessories. I was thinking of a master plan muahhhahah- that’s my not so evil laugh- when it popped in my head RIBBON. I <3>

I pre-measured my walls and sketched it out. I came up with 12x24 inch diamonds. It would leave me with a raw edge on one side, but I made sure that’s the side the curtains will be so it really didn’t matter.

I measured the entire wall every 1’ by 2’ there are TONS of little pencil marks on the wall

I started on one side like this…

untitled4

untitled5

and in case you missed it, yes I collect midget feet in my pillows.

untitled6

Once one diagonal of ribbon is complete, I start coming back the other way. Leaving the corners for the very end.untitled7

And as long as your measurements are correct they should come out level and even (trust me if I can do it so can you)untitled1

And voila! I totally heart my bedroom wall! Next step, custom bedroom curtains.

Before / after


untitled3

untitled2

I ♥♥♥ my bedroom!

I linked this up to


Keeping It Simple
DIY Day @ ASPTL




8 comments:

  1. Great idea to add a focal wall to a room!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use ribbons! I'm sure that was ALOT faster than painting. I too had wanted to paint diamonds, but it just never happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is genius! I absolutely love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um yes! i need this in my bedroom as well! and ribbon is so cheap....you just saved me some money! great work!

    ~L~
    fashion DIY @ avidaccents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's impressive. Makes such a dramatic stylish statement! How did you stick the ribbon on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete